Location: Castle Grounds, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3ER
Phone: +44 (0)29 20391 361
Course: MA in MUSICAL THEATRE - 1 year, full-time
One year full time programme running from September until the end of July.
• One-to-one singing lessons and repertoire coaching.
• Regular acting skills classes with tutors from RWCMD’s well established acting programmes working with improvisation, character, relationships and text.
• RWCMD’s well-established acting programmes working with improvisation, character, relationships and text.
• Vocal skills classes focusing on physical techniques for performance as well as vocal physiology, dialect and accents.
• Classes in dance skills including ballet, jazz and tap, and the effective use of movement in theatrical communication.
• Practical sessions on audition technique in preparation for professional stage and television auditions.
• Showcase presentations in Cardiff and London to an invited audience of agents, casting directors and potential employers.
• Roles in public performances including at least one cabaret and one fully staged production.
Entry Requirements Selection is made on the basis of an audition process in which candidates will need to demonstrate strong practical skills in all three areas of musical theatre performance – acting, singing and dance – with an exceptional level of ability in at least two of these disciplines.
Minimum entry requirements may include an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification. The College is able to consider applications from people without formal qualifications if they have an exceptional level of ability, practical experience, and have been working professionally within the musical theatre industry for at least two years.
The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation Scholarship will be awarded by the College as part of the audition/selection process on the combined basis of merit and financial need. The Scholarship will cover course fees only and will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Please note that applications made directly to The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation will not be considered.
For more details on the course and how to apply for a place at The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama visit their website here.